Friday, August 3, 2012

Foxes for Foster

A while back a friend of mine sent me an e-mail about a pin she found on Pinterest. She's having a baby in a few weeks and his nursery theme is "woodland" -- which obviously I love, being that it was my little boy's nursery theme as well. I even knit him a little fox to sit on his shelf that he now enjoys cuddling with in his crib some nights. Well, my friend is quite fond of foxes as well, and the pin she'd found was for a little fox photography prop. Heck yeah I can make a fox! I love foxes! So I told her I'd love to make it, and she told me she'd let me know when she had decided for sure about it.

Fast forward a few weeks and she e-mailed me again, telling me that she was going to go with just a fox earflap hat because it was more practical than a photography prop and she was trying to be good about her spending. Obviously I told her I could make that too! So I whipped it out real quick and sent it along in the mail.



But of course I didn't just make her the earflap hat, when what she really wanted was the photography prop. Does she know me at all? Come on! So I whipped that up too and added it as a little surprise.

(Pattern can be found here.)

She got them today and luckily had no idea I was sending both. I always get worried when I give surprised that I haven't done a very good job at keeping the secret and that whoever the surprise is intended for has an idea, which makes it not as good of a surprise. I'm not very good at keeping surprises in -- I get too excited, lol. This time she really thought she was just getting the earflap hat, and now we're both even more excited (if that's even possible for her) to welcome baby Foster into the world and see him model his new fox set. Hopefully she'll let me share a picture when she gets one. :-)

1 comment:

  1. So very excited and absolutely loved my surprise! You truly are talented as a knitter (is that a word?) and an amazing friend. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete