Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Child's Classic Raglan Pullover


I told you I was going to make some sweaters! Here's the first one. It's a basic raglan sweater, and it was incredibly quick and easy to knit up. The pattern is called "Child's Classic Raglan Pullover" and it's available in sizes 2 to 10. (There's also a ladies version, and I swear there's a men's version but I can't find it now.) It's almost completely in stockinette stitch and knit in the round, which means you barely have to pay attention while you're knitting. Check it with your measuring tape every now and again until you hit your mark and you're golden. I actually read a book on my Nook while I was knitting this because it was so easy to do. ("What Alice Forgot" by Liane Moriarty if anyone is curious -- good book!)


The only problem I had with the pattern at all was that the sizing seems to be off. I read through a lot of peoples comments on the pattern on Ravelry, but I figured it'd be ok since my son (18 months) has a little room to grow in 2T's anyways. I should have heeded their advice though and knit the next size up. The 2 is tight in the arms and I had to rework the collar three times before I could finally pull it over his head -- and it's still a very tight fit. There's no chance this will fit him when the weather (103*F here today! Send some "rain" vibes my way!) finally cools down again. Which means I have to start again ... ho hum ...

No comments:

Post a Comment