Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ballard Slouch Hat (Review)


This is the second time I've tried the Ballard Slouch Hat by Felicia Lo, and this is the second time it has come out  very non-slouchy. I even added the extra set of 12 rows this time, and it still wasn't slouchy enough for an adult. I don't know what it is about this pattern, but I just can't get it to be slouchy enough. I think if I ever attempt it again I'm going to add an extra three sets to try to get it to have the slouch a slouchy hat should have.



I do really like the design the pattern makes. And I love the way Knit Picks Chroma Worsted yarn looks in a slouchy hat. I'll just have to keep looking to find the "perfect" slouchy hat ...



In the meantime I guess it'll work for my 3 (almost 4 -- wah!!!) year old this fall and winter. Not what I was going for, but she loves accessories so she's pleased as punch!


Does anyone have any favorite slouch hat patterns (knit or crochet -- I'm not picky) that they recommend? I'd love tried-and-true suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. I found a crochet one that I absolutlely love. It's called the Blue Slouchie Beanie on FaveCrafts.com. I have made 4 for my older daughter and I attempted to re-size the pattern for my younger daughter. It came out okay, but it needed more "slouch". So, I know that when I make another one in a smaller size, I will just need to add more rows. Hope you like the pattern and that it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Devin! Love the rainbow slouch hat! Yes, I do have a favorite slouch hat design! I first saw Shannita Williams knit this slouch Rasta hat on Knitty Gritty. I've made two already, without the bill. Luckily you can now find the pattern on Ravelry! Hope you love it as much as I do! Here is the link:
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rasta-hat-5

    ReplyDelete