Thursday, June 7, 2018

Teacher Appreciation Blankets 2017/18

So I haven't really been knitting and crocheting much over the past year, so there hasn't been much to update. I'm going to start trying to get into it again, though. I just finished this year's teacher appreciation blankets and am getting ready to start a sweater that my dad has requested, so I'll try to remember to blog about that. Obviously I'm an awful blogger, though, so no promises. But anyways, teacher appreciation blankets:

My son's teacher's favorite colors are blues and greens, so I dug through the yarns I have in my stash and came up with this color palate (yarn details here) and flipped through one of my favorite crochet block pattern books to find a block I thought would look nice. Here's what I came up with:
Block #35, "Tricolor Square," from the book
"200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans."

My daughter's teacher this year was obsessed with Star Wars. He has a whole room in his house dedicated to his Star Wars obsession, in fact. I spent a long time trying to figure out his favorite movies, characters, etc and designing his blanket based on that. Here's what I came up with for him:
Some graphs from here, and some from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment