Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Daisy Cottage Designs "Owl Toy"

Recently a friend of mine requested an owl stuffed toy for her niece as a Christmas gift, and since I asked all my friends and customers to get their orders in by the end of September, she had to order early! After doing some searching and pattern comparing, we settled on the Daisy Cottage Designs "Owl Toy" pattern (with a few modifications).


The pattern was very easy to follow and so easy that even a beginner could do it --seriously "first project" kind of easy, so if you're nervous about toys, this would be a great one to try!

The first modification I ended up making was leaving off the legs. Not that they're not cute, we just went with a simpler style this time. The second mod I made was to go with two colors for the body instead of just the one color of the original pattern. Another mod I made was adding wings to the sides, just as an extra little element to add to the "owliness" of it. I also changed the eyes and beak to my own style, which was just a personal preference. Instead of a flower we went with a bow, and voila! Cute little owl toy/pillow for a cute little girl. Hopefully she loves it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment