Saturday, May 26, 2012

Tiny Textures Newsboy Cap

I just love a cute newsboy cap. I love the vintage quality of it, while still being current enough to keep your kid from looking dorky. This is a pattern I've used and sold a few times before, but everyone always seems to want it in Ivory tweed, so I was excited to make it in brown for a change yesterday. The pattern is called "Tiny Textures Newsboy Cap" and it can be found at Speckled Frog Crochet. It's become one of my better sellers, and you can see why. It's adorable! My little man will definitely be getting one come fall. I'm thinking I'll go with light blue for him to makes his bright blue eyes pop. This particular hat is a surprise for a friend who is having a baby in July. I made it in the 6-12 months size, and I tend to have a smaller gauge then your average crocheter, so I'm crossing my fingers it will be the perfect size for the cold months.

Pattern from Speckled Frog Crochet.

2 comments:

  1. That's adorable! Ivory is more of a basic color so that's probably why so many people like it. I love color though and even when making afghans I get a little happy when I get to change colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most people are very visual as well, so if they like the color it's shown in they go for that because they have a hard time visualizing it in a color it's not shown in. Maybe as I get more examples of it in different colors more people will order the other colors as well. Although it does look nice in ivory ... it just gets a little boring when projects don't vary from time to time.

    ReplyDelete