Thursday, April 5, 2012

Rainbow Granny Stripe Blanket

I told you I'd be finished with my "WIP Wednesday" project by today! I finished late last night (and I mean late, I didn't put my hook down until 3:00am!) and washed it this morning so I could take pictures. Here it is:


This wasn't for anyone in particular, I just really wanted to make a rainbow baby blanket. Since I ran out of yarn for the blanket I was working on (last week's "WIP Wednesday") I needed something else to keep me entertained between smaller projects, and since I had most of the colors to start this, I did!


The pattern is "Granny Stripes Afghan", free on Caron International's website. I went up a hook size, from H to I, to keep the blanket soft and flowy since it's a baby blanket. I used Caron Simply Soft in the following colors: soft pink, light country peach, sunshine, pistachio, soft blue, orchid, and white for the border. I also added 24 additional chains to the beginning to make it slightly larger, and used a scalloped edge instead of the edge given in the pattern to make it read a little more "baby". It took me 4 days of crocheting --only in the evenings, mostly after my kids had gone to bed-- and was just about as simple as a pattern could be. If you want a quick project I certainly recommend this!

No comments:

Post a Comment